Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 31

I am sadly mourning that this challenge will be ending in 9 days. It has been a great push for me and I have loved the competition aspect of it. I still don't know if I will cheat when it is over or keep on going. I do have some fear of going back to old habits and ways, so I am contemplating going on with the "challenge" way of eating until I feel that I can cheat without it completely throwing me off (more mentally than physically). I'll keep you posted on what I decide about that.

The hubs is out of town tonight, so we are keeping it simple around here. My mom is joining us for dinner and she is not quite on the Paleo wagon. So, me and the kids I am making grilled chicken topped with pesto, sauteed veggies, and a side salad. For my mom, I am going to make grilled BBQ chicken. She will also eat the veggies (we are having the 2 she likes - squash and zucchini).

Today for lunch I had a twist on chicken salad and mixed the chicken with 1/2 an avocado, some grapes, and a little salt and pepper. I must say it was pretty darn good. I enjoyed the creaminess of it without even having to add any mayo. I have done this with tuna, but will definitely do this with chicken again.

I will leave you with my favorite picture of the day. My baby girl heading off to first grade, stopping for a quick pic with her favorite brother:

No comments:

Post a Comment