Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 38

Today has been a great day. I did and earlier workout at Irontribe today. The workout was "Elizabeth" which was 21-15-9 reps of Cleans (85lbs) and ring dips. It was a hard workout, but one of those where I feel like I pushed myself to the next level. My food today was:
Breakfast - 1 whole, 3 white scrambled eggs, 1 spoonful coconut manna
Post workout snack - 3 hard-boiled egg whites, 1 c. grapes
Lunch - 1 can tuna (no salt added), mixed with avocado plus some carrots (not a great lunch)
Snack - wasn't hungry, so didn't eat one
Dinner - BLT's wraps with chicken


Jake and I visited the Farm Stand, a local small company who brings fresh fruits and vegetables to the downtown and southside areas to provide good quality food for those who live in "food deserts." My friend Kathleen has been working with them a few days a week so we went and visited. We got some great produce, some of which we used for dinner.

The BLT wraps had bacon, tomato, avocado, chicken, and grilled red onions all wrapped up in a romaine leaf. I served this with a fresh spinach salad an some chopped up canary melon. I had never heard of a canary melon until today when we bought one at the Farm Stand. It's just like a honeydew, only sweeter. We all loved it!


I ended the day today with a 2.5 mile jog. with the kids. in the stroller. Not sure if I would do that again anytime soon. It was certainly a tough workout, especially the hills. BUT, it felt really good in a "have I lost my mind" kind of way. In it to win it!

1 comment:

  1. I remember pushing my stroller up and down the Homewood hills filled with growing kiddos! Always a good workout. Can't wait to hear about your results!!!

    ReplyDelete