Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 22 - Lemon Rosemary Chicken

Tonight we made Lemon Rosemary Chicken from Elana's Pantry. SInce Mitch was coming home early, I wanted to find something tasty that he could grill. It was a very easy dinner and very refreshing for the 100 degree day! My only tip: Use fresh ingredients. That makes a big difference.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast (I pounded mine out to be a bit thinner)
1/4 c. lemon juice (you can get this from 1 large lemon or 2 small)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup fresh rosemary, diced

Directions:
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the chicken) and mix well.
Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry, and place in a 9x13 casserole dish
Pour marinade over chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours
Grill and serve!












I served this with a small sweet potato and a summer salad. Towards the end of my meal I scooped up a piece of chicken with a strawberry from the salad. The tanginess of the chicken and the sweetness of the strawberry were a perfect combo. For lunch the next day I am going to cut up the chicken and have it over a salad with strawberries. A very refreshing summer lunch!

1 comment:

  1. Your pesto chicken salad may be my new favorite lunch! So good. THanks for posting your recipes!

    ReplyDelete