Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 33 and 34

Things are getting a little crazy around here with the start of school and getting used to a new routine. We had a great first week of school and have enjoyed a restful weekend so far. We had dinner company on Friday night, so it was my attempt to cook a yummy Paleo meal for our guests who were not familiar with this way of eating. The menu:
Cilantro and Lime Roasted Chicken
Homemade Salsa (Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Salsa)
Homemade Guacamole
Grilled Veggies (onions and bell peppers)
Romaine Salad with strawberries, blueberries, and tomatoes

Cilantro and Lime Roasted Chicken
Ingredients:

6 chicken breasts or a whole fryer chicken
1 lime, zested and juiced
1/2 bunch cilantro, including stems!
3 green onions, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 c. olive oil
Salt

Directions:
In a food processor, combine all ingredients from the lime to the salt. Process until well blended. Smear the mixture all over the chicken and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grill chicken breasts or roast the whole chicken. Serve and enjoy! For instructions on roasting, see this recipe here: http://www.foodrenegade.com/zesty-cilantro-lime-roasted-chicken/

The chicken was good, but would have been better with more salt. The recipe didn't specify how much, just to taste. I only added about 1/2 tsp. Next time I will add at least 1 tsp. if not more. And, you must like cilantro to like this dish. Thankfully we all did:)

Saturday morning presented a bit of a scare as I pulled my calf muscle during my run. I spent the morning icing and elevating and spent the rest of the afternoon with it wrapped up. That threw a kink in our plans for the day, but I wanted to make sure I rested up as the FINAL week is here. I intended on doing 800m spirnts on Sunday, but it will be a day of rest instead:( My goal is to have my calf rested and better by the WOD on Monday. We ended up eating out at Zoes for dinner and I had my usual grilled chicken salad. Only 6 more days left. I hoping to give it all I can these last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment