Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1 - Success!!

I made it through day 1 and it has been a great day!

Here is the lowdown on what I had to eat today:
Breakfast - 4 hard-boiled eggs (2 whole 2 white), 1 spoonful coconut manna (totally yummy stuff if you haven't tried it!), 20 ounces water
Snack - 1 banana, 2 slices Boars Head Turkey, 20 oz water
Lunch - 1 can albacore tuna on a large bed of spinach and romaine, topped with baby carrots and 1/2 an avocado
Snack - Primal Pac
Dinner - Cobb Salad (hard-boiled egg whites, bacon, chicken, tomato, avocado, romaine lettuce), small sweet potato

This is the workout - our benchmark workout. Yikes!
1000m Row
40 Kettlebell Swings (26#)
40 Box Jumos (20")
40 Sit-ups
40 Push Press (35#)
40 Back squat (35#)
40 Burpees

Going into the workout I was hoping to finish in under 20 minutes. My official time was: 18:44! I was thrilled.

Also, one thing we have been encouraged to do is set real goals for ourself, write them down, and share them with someone.
These are 4 of my goals that I want to accomplish by the end of the 40 days:
1) To get 40 unbroken pushups
2) To run 800 meters (1/2 mile) in under 3 minutes, 15 secs.
3) Learn how to do a kip pull-up (seems impossible to me!!)
4) To decrease my waistline by 3 inches
I also have a few other goals, not related to food and exercise that I will share as I go.

I'm off for a brief date with my hubby and hopefully get a good nights rest before my 4:40am alarm!

No comments:

Post a Comment