Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 2

So, i'm debating on changing the name to Loser Paleo Blog because i'm not sure if anyone is even reading this...(hee hee)

Tonight I made Stuffed Eggplant for dinner. This is a recipe I got from Everyday Paleo. It was good, but we all definitely liked the "stuffing" more than the eggplant shell. Not sure if my shells were too thick or maybe not fresh enough, but they weren't very tasty. I will definitely make this again, but may try the stuffing (including the diced up eggplant) in red peppers. The only modification I made to the recipe was leave out the sun-dried tomatoes. We are not huge fans of those, so I put in some zucchini and squash instead. I served the eggplant with sauteed chicken and it was a very filling meal.
Find the recipe here: www.everydaypaleo.com (can't get the link working)
And here is how ours looked:























Getting up at 4:40am made today seem like the eternal day, but ate well!
Today I had:
5:30am - too early for me to eat a full breakfast, so just had 1 spoonful coconut
Breakfast - 4 eggs (2 whole, 2 white), 1 banana
Snack - Larabar (keylime flavor)
Lunch - Taziki's Grilled Chicken Salad with no feta and extra lettuce
Snack - Deli meat and Red Cabbage sliced thin with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper
Dinner - Chicken and Stuffed Eggplant

Another goal I have for myself during these 40 days is to spend 30 minutes each day in prayer and scripture. And I will have to say that I have totally failed on that goal and its only day 2! Again, Loser blog. I am enjoying read One Thousand Gifts, though. It has really got me thinking.

Tomorrow is another day and I feel like I have been up for two. Off to bed!

1 comment: