Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 6 - Down 2 Pounds

Today has been a great day, although I have still been quite tired. I didn't sleep great last night and probably should have taken today off in regards to exercise. Hindsight is always 20/20...
I decided at the beginning of the challenge that I would weigh myself once a week to track my progress, to make sure that I was heading in the right direction. When I weighed myself this afternoon I was very pleased to be down by just over 2 pounds. I don't have a weight goal in mind, but I am excited that I am feeding my body well and it's changing!

I started out my morning with 4x800meter (1/2 mile) intervals. I did pretty good on my times for the first 3 and the last one I started fading fast. My times were: 3:40, 3:36, 3:24, 4:15. Thankfully it wasn't super hot, but I still struggled towards the end to even want to finish. But I did. I pushed myself. That's the only way I will ever get better!
Here is what I had to eat today.
Breakfast - 2 whole and 3 white hard-boiled eggs, 1 spoonful coconut manna
No Morning Snack because I didn't eat breakfast until 9am
Lunch - Tuna and 1/2 avocado over a bowl of spinach, small bowl of squash, 1 apple
Snack - Primal Pac
Dinner - Zoe's Greek Salad with Chicken (no potato salad, no feta, and extra grilled onions)
I did have someone say that they would starve if they ate what I did. Eating a good breakfast and eating quality fats throughout the day really does make a huge difference. I feel completely satisfied at the end of the day and in no way feel like i'm starving myself. When i'm hungry, I eat:)

I am most certainly looking forward to bed tonight and pulling out Brian Kest's Power Yoga DVD tomorrow morning for a good, much needed stretch. And, I'm trying 3 new recipes this week so stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. you are my hero! starting whole30 again on Monday. going for the full deal...food, exercise and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You we're looking good on your run! (that was me that honked :))
    I'm glad you're doing this...i feel pretty uninspired with meals lately so I'm getting some good ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete