Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 19

Life is better when there is food in the fridge for sure! We made a trip to Whole Foods and Publix today and stocked up on lots of goodies for the next few days. I was dying to buy some more chicken to try a new recipe. I had pesto left over from our dinner a few nights ago and I didn't want to see it go to waste. So, I thought why not try it with chicken salad...Pesto Chicken Salad! I made this today for lunch and I loved it. You definitely need to like pesto to make this, and if you do I promise it won't disappoint.

3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1 cup pesto (I think I could have used about 1/2 cup more)
1/4 c. mayo (I don't like chicken salad with a lot of mayo, so add another 1/4c. if you want it creamier)
A little squeeze of lemon juice

Just mix everything well and enjoy! I had mine over a spinach salad with some grape tomatoes - a perfect combo.












For dinner tonight we had Fajitas. I marinated the chicken in Fajita seasoning from Penzy's Spices. I served it with sauteed vegetables (red onion, green and red peppers), homemade guacamole, salsa, and whole leaf romaine lettuce leaves for the "tortilla." I also attempted to make Tomatillo Salsa and that was a total bust. The tomatillo selection at WF was quite slim, so I may try again when I can choose better, more firm tomatillos.













Tomorrow is the official halfway point! These past 20 days have flown by and I'm excited about the next 20. I can already tell that I am faster, stronger, and feeling better. Still in it to win it!

1 comment: