Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 16 -

Today was a proud day for me. The workout today included 6 rounds of 50 double-unders. That's 300 total. And I did them ALL! I have been working on my double-unders for months and have never been able to do this many, so it was for sure the highlight of my day.

If you shop at Whole Foods, you may have noticed that they have started carrying some of the Organic Girl products. I bought 2 big bags of her organic spinach and 1 big bag of baby swiss chard (all just $3.99 each) and I added the chard into my lunch veggie saute today. I loved it. I just sauteed squash, zucchini, red onion, garlic, and 2 large handfuls of swiss chard in some coconut oil. Tossed in a pinch of salt and pepper and it was perfect. My plan was to have this with some of the homemade chicken salad I made on Sunday, but my hungry husband took it to work and I was quite disappointed. You don't mess with a Paleo girl and her food! I ended up eating 2 slices of deli meat and a hardboiled egg.

For dinner tonight we made Meatloaf. It's a favorite of everyone at our table.

2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
1 cup almond flour
2 eggs
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1 red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. fresh basil, diced
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper

Comine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Place meat in a large, glass baking dish and form into a loaf












Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until center of the loaf is no longer pink.
I have no after pictures as we ate, cleaned up, and packed up leftovers before I realized I forgot an after picture! Take my word, though, it was great. Stay tuned for tomorrow's dinner - Grilled Chicken with Walnut Pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment