Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 20 - Half Way!!

To commence my halfway mark, I went to ITF for a workout they were hosting in honor of the Crossfit Games that are going on in L.A. I was hesitant to go because my shoulders were tired from Friday's workout, but I couldn't resist a free opportunity to work hard. The workout was:
10 Hand Stand Push Ups
20 Wall Balls (14#)
30 Toes to Bar
40 Power Cleans
50 Burpees
60 Sumo-Dead Lift High-Pulls

It was for sure a killer workout, but I was so glad I did it when it was over. I didn't cook anything new today, just a repeat from a few weeks ago. This is what today looked like:

Breakfast (7:30) (pre-workout) - 2 whole, 2 white hard-boiled eggs, 1 spoonful coconut butter
Post-workout (10:30am) - A repeat of yesterdays lunch, pesto chicken salad over spinach, 1 banana
Lunch - 1 can tuna mixed with 1/2 avocado, sauteed squash and zucchini
Snack - Primal Pac
Dinner - Grass-fed beef burgers with a repeat of Cabbage Mango Slaw. I did change something in the recipe that made us like it even more. In the recipe from Everyday Paleo, it calls for 1 shallot, minced. That was a little much for us, so we took that out and substituted 1 heaping tbsp. diced red onion and 1 tsp. garlic. Delicious! In case you forgot, the slaw looks like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment