Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 15 - almost halfway there!!

I felt like all I did today was eat. I was starving! And then, after my crossfit workout tonight, I came home and scarfed down dinner. It was slightly embarrassing as I look over at Mitch with my plate clean and his only halfway eaten. In my defense, however, i did work hard and dinner was absolutely delicious!

Easy Skillet Scallops and Spinach from Everyday Paleo
3 tbsp. coconut oil
1 small shallot, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups whole spinach leaves
1 pound wild-caught sea scallops (I think larger would be better, but small were on sale!)
sea salt and pepper to taste
lemon wedges for garnish

Directions:
Heat 2 tbsp. coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the 6 cups of spinach to the saute pan and cook until all leaves have started to wilt.
Remove the spinach from the pan and put on plates.
Add the last tbsp. coconut oil to the pan, add in the scallops, salt and pepper and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook scallops for 2 minutes on each side.
Place scallops over the spinach and serve immediately. YUMMY!!













The rest of my day looked like this:
Breakfast - 1 whole, 4 whites, coconut manna
Snack - 2 slices deli turkey, apple
Lunch - Homemade chicken salad over a big salad
Snack - 1/2 can tuna, 1/2 avocado
Pre-workout snack - 1 whole, 1 white hardboiled egg, applesauce
Dinner - Scallops, sauteed spinach, very small sweet potato

No comments:

Post a Comment