Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 7 - Already Looking Forward to Dinner Tomorrow!

Sunday's are usually my favorite days. Lazy mornings (which this morning included yoga), afternoon naps, church, a low-maintenance dinner so there is little to clean. Today certainly didn't disappoint! It was a nice day that ended with dinner with friends and a quick evening run.
My meals today were:
Breakfast - 1 whole, 4 white scrambled eggs + 1 spoonful coconut
Post-Yoga Snack - Larabar + egg whites
Lunch - Grass-fed beef patty, 1 slice bacon over romaine and spinach (with a little ketchup) + peach
Snack - 2 slices Boars Head deli meat, sauteed squash
Dinner - Rotisserie Chicken from Whole Foods ($5.99 on sundays! A weekly thing for us), Zucchini "Pasta" Salad

We ended up taking our dinner over to a friends house to eat, so I didn't get a picture of the zucchini salad. I didn't even occur to me to take my camera for a picture, but take my word for it that it was fabulous to look at and eat! I came across the recipe yesterday in a magazine at Joe Muggs. It looked wonderful, was 100% Paleo, so I had to try it.
Here are the ingredients:
10 grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 clove garlic, minced
6-8 fresh basil leaves, cut into small pieces
1/2 c raw walnut pieces or halves
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
Sea Salt to Taste
3-4 Zucchini, cut into thin slices (i used a carrot peeler)
Directions:
Take the cut tomatoes, garlic, basil, walnuts, olive oil and salt and mix together well. Let stand for 20 minutes.
While the tomato mixture is sitting, slice the zucchini
Place a generous amount of the zucchini "pasta" in a bowl and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Fabulous!!
And my anticipation for dinner tomorrow??? Talapia Tacos with Mango Cabbage Slaw. I've never had either, but they both sound wonderful. Can. Not. Wait. I'll most certainly post pictures of this meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment